I am just back from my first time in Vegas and The Financial Brand’s #FBForum. I had a great time meeting our clients in person and talking to marketers about how their teams can deliver the best personalized, data-driven experience to their customers.
Here are my takeaways:
- World post-pandemic - we are still figuring out what that looks like… Lots of interesting conversations about how values are shifting and decisions are made based on purpose.
- Data - FIs are still not where they want to be. Everyone gets its importance and has invested in it, and most haven't been able to harvest the benefits yet. There's a lot of interest in solutions that make data more actionable (👋hi, yes, we can help!)
- Personalization - seems like we are never going to be done here! Customers' expectations keep rising; thankfully, the data and the tech needed to deliver it are ready.
- Just the technology is not enough - resources are scarce at FIs and there's often a knowledge gap. Vendors need help not just to implement solutions, but to take full advantage of them.
- Be human - to communicate effectively, rather than being "functionally correct but devoid of emotion", it's time to show your human side, tell stories that move people, and be authentic and empathic.
- Red Rock Canyon - a 4-hour hike at the Calico Hills was a fantastic way to balance work and play and reset after so much time indoors.
And while it's hard to pick my favorite quotes with so many great speakers, here's what I am going with:
"You can do well and do good at the same time."
"Keep growing. Don’t come in 2023 the same person you are today."
"Don’t try to inform the customer to death. Lead with emotion and empathy, then information."
"Tech companies are never going to beat you in empathy. Your advantage is your people, let them be human."
"Forget about B2B or B2C - it's B2H (business to humans)"
"Find human problems to solve"
"Go to the wrong meetings so you can hear ideas outside of your vertical"
"Roaring 20s are happening again. Has always happened after a pandemic."
"You don’t need to have absolute clarity to put one foot in front of the other."
I hope you have found this recap useful.
As you can see, what happens in Vegas doesn't have to stay in Vegas.
Now, onto turning some of these ideas into practical tools our clients can use.
Prisma can help your FI track and run high-performing, omnichannel content campaigns. Learn what our marketing automation software can do for your financial institution, and visit Prisma’s blog posts for more useful marketing tips and strategies.