We’re BIG people-people. And while we love nothing more than seeing your smiling faces in-the-flesh, live events simply aren’t a reality just yet.
Luckily, the big industry names in events are forging ahead as scheduled with virtual conferences and they’re partnering up with platforms with all sorts of bells & whistles that cultivate that human connection we’re all craving these days...
Here are the three upcoming events we’re sponsoring...(with our slippers on)
March 2-4, 2021
Hosted by Credit Union National Association (CUNA), the Governmental Affairs Conference is the credit union industry's premier advocacy event bringing together credit unions, leagues, thought leaders and policymakers. In the past, everyone's feet hurt by the end of day from walking and standing. This will not be a problem this year - we'll all hang out via via Social27, one of the coolest virtual events platforms out there. Be sure to stop at our virtual both and let's get some virtual coffee ☕️ !
Hosted by CUNA Councils, CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council (MBDC) is a dynamic online experience where attendees can take advantage of virtual peer interaction, hear from thought-provoking speakers and connect with valued sponsor partners. We hope to see you at our virtual booth, where we can chat in real-time about your credit union’s marketing needs.
March 29-April 1
This year, CULytics reached out to credit union leaders to share their top opportunities and challenges that they are looking to solve so that they could bring the right speakers and content. The speaker line-up is already looking impressive and we hear there’s even more to come. Known for its community feel and focus on analytics, CULytics provides lots of opportunity for marketing and data leaders to network and learn from each other's experiences. Thanks to the Pheedloop platform and an innovative membership based year-long pass, this opportunity is more accessible than ever.
How to get the most out of your virtual conference
Hands up if you have “Zoom fatigue.” 🙋
Luckily, virtual summits aren’t your typical conference call. Here are some tips for getting the most value out of your CU’s investment (and... enjoying yourself).
- Block off your calendar 📅 - You wouldn’t be multitasking at an in-person event. So, even though you may be working from your kitchen table, set your autoresponder and turn off all notifications so you can devote your full attention to the speakers and sessions that interest you.
- Dress for success 👔 - Call us old fashioned, but changing out of your joggers into professional clothes can do wonders for mindset, focus and alertness.
- Rest your eyes 👀 - To avoid screen strain, rest your eyes occasionally or invest in blue light filtering glasses.
- Schedule a stretch break 🙆🏻♀️ - Be sure to get outside, or change positions during the conference with the help of a standing desk to increase circulation and prevent stiffness. This is particularly important for multiple-day events!
- Network 💬 - Take advantage of any chat or networking functionality that the event platform supports. After all, you never know where you’ll meet your next client or partner.
If you're headed to one of these upcoming virtual conferences we’d love to link up. Please don’t hesitate to connect ahead of the event, or visit our virtual booth!
Image credit: Adobe Stock